RTG2553 - Events
- RTG seminar where members of the RTG present their work (Thursday morning, 8-10 times per term)
- Research seminar where we learn about a current research topic (the topic is decided by vote in the preceding semester)
- Oberseminar, our weekly colloquium, where an outside speaker reports on her or his results
- PhD student seminar, a seminar conducted by the PhD students, without any professors being involved or present at the seminar
In addition, depending on how the topics fit with their thesis, students can attend other research seminars and/or specialized lecture courses.
We will have a summer school each year, and in some years maybe a smaller workshop in addition. Some of the schools and workshops we had in the last few years:
- School on motives and stacks (Sept. 2019)
- Workshop on Prismatic Cohomology (Organizers: E. Lau (Bielefeld), E. Viehmann (TU München), T. Wedhorn (Darmstadt)) — (March 2019)
- School in Arithmetic Geometry (Sept. 2018)
We are currently finalizing our plans on the school in 2020.
Welcome weekend. In October each year, the PhD students of the RTG will meet for one weekend somewhere near Essen to ease the integration of the new members.
Development of further skills. The University of Duisburg-Essen has a variety of seminars and courses on offer regarding the development of “soft skills” and the career advancement of young researchers. Within the Research Training Group we will hold a workshop on Good Scientific Practice tailored to mathematics once a year.